RJ turned three 2 weeks ago and we desperately wanted to get out of New York. We're trying to step our travel game up so when we got the opportunity to head to Myrtle Beach for the weekend it was a fast and obvious YES!
We set out on our road trip EARLY Thursday morning and arrived at Captain's Quarters Resort that evening. It was a LONG trip but we were immediately excited to get out of the car. No one was more excited than RJ especially since he had some birthday loot waiting for him once we got to our room.
I'm going to admit I'm a habitual trip checker and I researched everything up and down when I'm headed on a trip. I was sooooooo happy with our hotel choice and I knew after a good night's sleep RJ was going to be EXCITED to check out the pools. Captain's Quarters boasts an impressive 15 water features and we tried just about all of them! Myrtle Beach still has beautiful weather at the end of October so we were able to enjoy both the indoor and outdoor water features which RJ LOVED.
Everything at the resort was super kid friendly and they truly pride themselves on being the friendliest resort on the beach. This was our first birthday trip, our first trip as a family of four and our first long stay away from home all together and I couldn't have been happier with our stay at Captain's Quarters!
Fast Facts About Our Stay - Captain's Quarters Resort Myrtle Beach, SC
- We stayed in an Angle Oceanfront Suite. The view was beautiful (see below). Captain Quarters has a variety of room accommodations to fit families of various sizes. Accommodations can be checked out here.
- Level 6 Entertainment Center hosts a variety of games, 20 AMF lanes of bowling and a bar. We fully took advantage of the fact that each guest receives a free game of bowling per day!
- Captain's Quarters has several dining options. Our favorites were Loco Gecko, and the Vista 9 buffet-style breakfast. I'm bummed we didn't get a chance to get a window seat because the view up there is amazing!
- The back of the room key is a discount card to a lot of local places around Myrtle Beach. Though by the time we realized this it was our last day, and the boys randomly got a cold so we took it easy most of the day. Check out all the places it can be used here.
- Fall and Spring are the best times to visit Myrtle Beach as the ocean waters are warm and inviting, the sunshine and ocean breezes are abundant, and there's more elbow room on the beach.
Where was your last family getaway? Have you been to Myrtle Beach?
My family and I were provided complimentary accommodations by Vacation Myrtle Beach to facilitate this review. All opinions expressed belong to LifewithTanay.